Happy hump day to you, and happy super Friday to me! Finally got 3 days off this week, so I’m going to celebrate by bringing you another pumpkin recipe.
Remember in my last post I said I will add one more ingredient and turn the pumpkin creme brulee into a whole new dessert? Well here it is people, and for those of you who doubted me, HA! Read it and weep fellas.
The extra ingredient? Croissants. Preferably day(s) old. The crustier the better. The croissants soak up the delicious creme brulee base, while the tops get all crispy to give you that toasted, almost-better-than-fresh-baked croissant taste. Plus, it’s got pumpkin and spice, and everything nice.
Would it be a stretch if I said you can eat this for breakfast? Well you can eat almost anything for breakfast. Lets be honest, I sometimes have candy for breakfast. But bread pudding is basically like french toast meets a quiche. Well at least until you throw some powdered sugar, ice cream, and caramel sauce on top. So what I’m trying to get at is, YOU GOTTA TRY THIS GUYS.
P.S. Incase you’re wondering, I baked this in a casserole dish (like said in directions) and cut out a circle with a ring mold for photo purposes – because beautifying bread pudding is a bit of a challenge.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 10 min
- 45 min
- Ready in:
- 55 min
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Cut the croissants into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine the two ingredients and place in a 2.5 qt baking dish.
- Bake for 55 min.
Pumpkin Creme Brulee
- 10 min
- 1 h
- Ready in:
- 1 h 10 min
- Prepare pumpkins by pounding a round cutter into the top to cut. Scoop out insides.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat heavy cream with spices
- In a bowl, whisk together yolks, sugar, and pumpkin puree
- When the cream is simmering, slowly pour into the egg yolks while whisking.
- Pour the creme brulee base into the pumpkins.
- Cover with a piece of foil and bake for 50-60 min, or until set (jiggly but not liquid). Baking time may differ depending on size of pumpkins.
- Bake for 30-45min in a water bath uncovered if baking in ramekins. Baking times may differ depending on size of dish.
- Chill completely. Sprinkle a tsp of sugar on top and brulee right before servings.