For: 24 cookies
- 15 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 55 min
- Brown the butter on the stove top, stirring with a wooden spoon to absorb moisture and prevent popping. Take butter off heat as soon as it starts to brown. It will continue to get darker.
- While your butter cools, scale all dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and salt. Whisk together.
- Put you brown sugar, egg, and apple syrup into your butter and mix well.
- Add your sugar mixture to your dries, and mix well.
- Chill dough for 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll the dough into ping pong sized balls. I like to use a small ice cream scoop to get same sized balls.
- Space out dough 2 inches apart and bake for 10 minutes, or until cracks appear on the top.