For: 2 quarts
- 15 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 25 min
- Before starting, taste your blackberries to make sure they are not bitter. Sourness can be balanced out with sugar, but bitter fruit will result in bitter jam.
- Sanitize your jars and keep the lids in hot water until ready to use
- Bring the water to a simmer.
- Take the water off heat and add the jasmine pearls.
- Cover and let steep for at least 30 min
- Strain, and squeeze the liquid out of the tea.
- Measure 1/3 cup of tea and add to the blackberries.
- Add pectin to the blackberries while mixing to ensure there are no lumps.
- Bring blackberries to a complete boil (one that can't be stirred away).
- Add sugar and bring back to a full boil. Make sure you keep stirring so the jam doesn't burn.
- Fill your sanitized jars, leaving about 1/2inch of space on the top.
- Wipe the rims of the jars before placing lid to ensure a clean seal.
- Screw on the band just enough to hold the lid down in place.
- Process in boiling water for 10 min, or steam for 5 min.
- Let cool and seal overnight on the countertops before storing.
Canning is optional, and jam can be stored in the fridge for at least 1 month unsealed.