For: 1 serving
- 5 min
- 15 min
- Ready in:
- 20 min
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together the cocoa powder, sugar, flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl with a fork.
- Add the egg yolk and oil, and mix well.
- Add milk and mix until no longer lumpy.
- Add hot water and mix.
- Pour into two cupcake cups and bake at 350°F for 15 min, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Microwave heavy cream until hot, about 15 seconds.
- Add chocolate to the cream and mix until emulsified.
- Microwave for another 5 seconds if chocolate isn't completely melted.
- Cut a hole on top of the cupcakes.
- Spoon a generous amount of caramel sauce into the cupcakes, placing the cut out top back on.
- Place some ganache on top of the cupcake, using the spoon to spread the ganache to the edge.
*When doubling this recipe, still use one egg yolk. If the recipe is x4, use one whole egg.