For: 4 servings
- 5 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 25 min
- Cook pasta until it is 1 min short of being done. Strain and toss in olive oil to coat until ready to use.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and the butter in a large pan
- Cook the onion and 3 whole cloves of garlic until onions are translucent
- Deglaze with white wine
- Add the cherry tomatoes and continue cooking until most of the tomatoes have popped
- Transfer to a blender, and add basil. Blend until smooth
- At this point, you can choose to freeze the sauce or save for later use.
- To finish the sauce, saute the minced garlic in about tbsp of olive oil until fragrant.
- Deglaze with brandy.
- Add the water and tomato puree. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Finish cooking the last minute of pasta in the sauce.