For: 4 servings
- 15 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 25 min
- Bring butter, milk, water, and salt to a boil
- Once boiling, turn off heat and add flour
- Stir until dough forms a ball. Transfer to a mixer with paddle attachment
- Paddle for about 2 minutes to let cool
- Add one egg at a time, making sure each egg if fully incorporated into the batter before adding another.
- Pipe into 350°F oil with a large star tip, into long strips. Use scissors to give the ends a nice clean cut into the oil.
- Fry on each side for about 2 minutes, until dark golden brown.
- Let churros drain on paper towels.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon to make cinnamon sugar.
- Toss in cinnamon sugar while still warm.
- Peel and slice the apples
- Sautee on medium heat with butter until apples start to soften
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon, and continue to cook and stir until apple are soft.
- Let mixture cool and puree.
- Using a small piping tip, punch a hole through the side of a churro.
- Pipe the apple filling into the churro until it's full.