- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- Place cranberry juice and water in a 4 quart sauce pot (use larger pot if doubling the recipe) with a candy thermometer. Turn on high heat
- Mix together first sugar and pectin. Add to juice and mix before it simmers
- Bring to a boil, and then add the second sugar and glucose
- Stir occasionally until temperature starts to rise past 212F°. At this point, continually stir until mixture reaches 219F°
- While the mixture is cooking, prepare a 8x8 pan lined with parchment and sprayed with oil. You can also use a fleximold to make individual candies.
- As soon as the mix hits 219F°, take it off heat and add the citric acid
- Quickly stir until mixed and pour into desired pan/mold.
- Let it set at room temperature.
- If using to pipe into molded bon bons, blend in a food processor until smooth.
- If using as is (candy gummies), unmold (if using fleximolds) or cut into squares. Roll in granulated sugar.
**I used 100% cranberry juice from ocean spray. This contains a mixture of apple, pear, and cranberry juice to cut the tartness. Do not use cold pressed organic 100% cranberry juice (ingredients: only cranberry juice), as this will be too tart.
**glucose will keep the candy from crystalizing and give you the correct texture of the candy.