For: 30 pieces
- 30 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 40 min
- Rehydrate the figs by placing them in a pot with just enough water to cover them, and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil. Add the walnuts and continue to cook until the water is evaporated. There should be no liquid pooling at the bottom of the pan, but instead a nice coating of syrup on the walnuts.
- Spread on baking pan lined with either parchment or a silpat. Sprinkle with salt.
- Baking for about 10 minutes, until walnuts are dry and crispy. Set aside.
- To assemble: Place a few crumbles of blue cheese on a cracker. Place a slice of fig on top, and finish with a candied walnuts. A drizzle of honey and a baby arugula for garnish is optional.