Used in Gingerbread Rum Cupcakes
For: 12 cupcakes
- 15 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 35 min
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Start by creaming the brown sugar and butter. Don't forget to scrape the bowl.
- Add the egg, mix, scrape bowl.
- Add the buttermilk and molasses, mix to combine.
- Scale out all the dry ingredients in another bowl. Dry ingredients are flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well
- Add the dries to the mixer, and mix on low just until it's combined. It's ok if there's still some dry flour. Scrape.
- Add the hot water and mix just until it's combined.
- Pour/pipe into cupcake liners, and bake for about 20 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean)
- Poke holes into cupcakes and drizzle rum on top.
You can use milk instead of buttermilk.