Recipe adapted from The Food Network
For: 5 XL marshmallows
- 5 min
- 15 min
- Ready in:
- 20 min
- Place gelatin powder and 1/4 (59g) cup of cold water in the bowl for the mixer. After all the gelatin is bloomed (wet), add matcha powder. Attach whisk and set aside.
- Put the remaining 1/4 cup water, corn syrup, honey, and sugar into a small pot with a candy thermometer. Be careful not to dirty the sides of the pot with sugar or corn syrup. If you do, wipe it down with water.
- Bring sugar mixture to 240°F.
- Immediately take it off the heat and start the mixer on low.
- Pour sugar into the mixer by letting it drip down the inside of the bowl.
- Once all of the sugar is in the mixer bowl, turn up the speed to high and whip until white and doubled in size.
- While the marshmallow is whipping, prepare your mold by spray it with oil.
- Stop mixer and transfer marshmallow into desired mold and let set. Mixture should still be slightly warm and flatten out.
- Unmold when cold and cut. Use powdered sugar to keep marshmallows from sticking to cutting board and knife.
- Warm dark chocolate and coconut oil over a hot water bath until completely melted.
- Dip each marshmallow in the chocolate, laying on parchment paper to set.
- Chill in fridge for 10 min to set the chocolate.