For: 40 `shells
- 40 min
- 12 min
- Ready in:
- 1 h 22 min
- Sift the almond flour and powdered sugar together.
- Add 2 egg whites and red food coloring. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine the remaining 2 egg whites and granulated sugar in your mixer bowl.
- Cook to 175°F over a hot water bath, continually stirring
- Transfer to mixer with a whisk, and whisk on high until fluffy.
- Turn down speed to medium until slightly warm.
- Fold the meringue into the almond flour mixture just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pipe into 2" rounds on silpats or parchment paper.
- Tap sheet pans to flatten out the macarons
- If using sprinkles, sprinkle on shells before they start to dry
- Let rest until tops are dry enough to touch without sticking.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Bake approx. 12 min, or until tops don't slide when poked.