Used in coffee caramel mousse cupcakes
- 5 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 25 min
- Put the sugar and water on high heat with a thermometer.
- Whip egg whites to soft peaks, and turn down mixer to low until sugar reaches 121°C/ 250°F
- Bloom gelatin
- Turn up mixer to high when sugar comes to temperature
- Slowly pour sugar into egg whites in a thin steam
- Melt gelatin in microwave for 10 seconds and pour into meringue
- Once incorporated, turn mixer down to medium and let cool to slightly warm
- Torch after frosting to toast.