Original Post: Stuffed Marshmallows
For: 17 pieces
- 5 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 25 min
- Place gelatin powder and 1/4 cup of cold water in the bowl for the mixer. Attach whisk and set aside.
- Put the remaining 1/4 cup water, corn syrup, and sugar into a small pot with a candy thermometer. Be careful not to dirty the sides of the pot with sugar or corn syrup. If you do, wipe it down with water.
- Bring sugar mixture to 240°F.
- Immediately take it off the heat and start the mixer on low.
- Pour sugar into the mixer by letting it drip down the inside of the bowl.
- Once all of the sugar is in the mixer bowl, turn up the speed to high and whip until white and doubled in size.
- While the marshmallow is whipping, prepare your mold by spray it with oil.
- Stop mixer and transfer marshmallow into desired mold and let set. Mixture should still be slightly warm and flatten out.
- Unmold when cold and dust with powdered sugar.
- Let dry for a day or two if you are roasting the marshmallows over a fire.
Recipe adapted from The Food Network