For: 1 8 inch loaf
- 30 min
- 1 h
- Ready in:
- 1 h 30 min
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Brown the butter. It helps to use a wooden spoon to stir to keep the butter from popping. Take it off heat as soon as it shows color to keep it from burning. It will continue to brown after it is taken off heat. Let cool.
- Mix the powdered sugar and almond flour with a paddle. Add one egg at a time.
- Switch to a whisk attachment.
- Whisk until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Fold in butter. The butter should be cool enough if you browned it first. It doesn't have to be cold to the touch, but should not be hot enough to cook the eggs when mixing into the batter.
- Sift in the flour a little at a time, folding and incorporating before adding more flour.
- Arrange milanos in a 8 inch loaf pan. Pour batter over the cookies.
- Top with streusel and bake for 1 hour, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.