For: 8 servings
- 10 min
- 1 h
- Ready in:
- 1 h 10 min
- Prepare pumpkins by pounding a round cutter into the top to cut. Scoop out insides.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat heavy cream with spices
- In a bowl, whisk together yolks, sugar, and pumpkin puree
- When the cream is simmering, slowly pour into the egg yolks while whisking.
- Pour the creme brulee base into the pumpkins.
- Cover with a piece of foil and bake for 50-60 min, or until set (jiggly but not liquid). Baking time may differ depending on size of pumpkins.
- Bake for 30-45min in a water bath uncovered if baking in ramekins. Baking times may differ depending on size of dish.
- Chill completely. Sprinkle a tsp of sugar on top and brulee right before servings.
I used the flat side of a meat tenderizer to cut through the pumpkins with a round cutter. You can use a hammer, but I would cover with foil due to sanitary reasons.