Skip to content
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 10 min
- Scale out all your ingredients so they are ready to go. You can scale the water and cream together.
- Wet the sugar and corn syrup with just enough water to cover. Make sure there are no granules of sugar on the sides of the pot. Boil on high and don't stir until you see some color on the edges.
- Once it starts to color, go ahead and stir to evenly distribute the color.
- Hold the caramel up out of the pot to judge the color. You want it to be an amber color.
- As soon as it reaches the color, quickly pour the cream and water into the pot. Be very careful because the caramel will sputter and the steam coming up will be very hot.
- Stir until the caramel is all dissolved, and add the butter and salt. Stir until combined.
- Cool over ice bath, stirring occasionally. This keeps this sauce from separating.