I know. Everyone claims that they have the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. I’ll admit, there are a lot of good cookie recipes out there. I mean, how many times have you had a cookie and throughly enjoyed it?
Well I’m going to add to the best of the best. Here is my go to, ride or die, never fail, absolute favorite chocolate chip recipe. I have actually posted this recipe before, but it was for the stuffed giant cookie recipe. I felt like I needed to post it again with the correct baking temp and times for a regular sized, everyday cookie.
You can use brown butter or regular unsalted butter for this recipe, but I strongly urge you to use quality hand chopped chocolates. It’s what really makes this cookie stand out from the rest of the plain old chocolate chippers. That and the fact that it’s crispy, chewy, and gooey all at the same time (the pictures don’t do it justice).
By quality, I mean the stuff you treat yourself to. The stuff that comes in a bar and you enjoy just as it is. Anything with a percentage will work. The higher the percentage on your chocolate bar, the darker and more bitter the chocolate will be. I’ll leave that to your personal preference, but I used a 60% dark chocolate for these babies.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 15 min
- 12 min
- Ready in:
- 27 min
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Cream together the butter and both types of sugars until fluffy
- Add the honey, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix well
- Scrape bowl
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. It's okay if there's still some parts of dry flour
- Add the chocolate and mix just until incorporated
- Scrape bottom and ensure everything is mixed before scooping into 1.5" rounds
- Place scoops of cookie dough 2" apart
- Bake at 325°F for approx 12 min. or until edges start to brown