Cream with your coffee? Puh-lease.
Haven’t you heard melted ice cream makes everything better? I hear of people using it to bake stuff, so why not put it in your coffee? If you’re really feeling adventurous, I suggest mascarpone ice cream, topped with chocolate shavings, served with lady fingers. Yes, now THAT’S what I call a dessert.
This tiramisu affogato puts frappucinos to shame. It’s like a dreamy coffee milkshake/float/sundae all combined into one heavenly glass.
Originally, affogatos are served with a vanilla gelato and a shot of espresso. You can choose to use a shot of espresso if you’re a coffee fanatic like my husband, but if you’re like me, regular coffee works too.
I made the mistake of not using decaf coffee when making this. I honestly wasn’t expecting it to be so darn good, and I ended up eating the whole thing after these photos. At 6pm. No, I didn’t get much sleep last night.
Dip it, slurp it, inhale it. The choice is yours.
Mascarpone Ice Cream
- 15 min
- Ready in:
- 4 h 15 min
- Whisk together sugar, yolks, and cream.
- Slowly heat over medium heat, constantly stirring. Cook until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Take custard off heat and add mascarpone, milk, and vanilla. Blend.
- Chill completely before churning according to manufacturers instructions.
- Place churned ice cream in an air tight container and freezer for at least 4 hours.